Understanding Borderline Personality Disorder
October 24, 2020
Provided remotely via Zoom
The trainer of this session wears her heart on her sleeve to share what it is like to be given the BPD label and her insights into what sits beneath the behaviours that someone with the disorder might display.
The understanding and insights that you will gain from this session will come with a renewed empathy and hope for those that you work with or care for with the disorder.
Here is just some of the subjects covered…..
- What does Borderline mean & where does it come from?
- Diagnosis, helpful or not?
- Bipolar disorder vs Borderline Personality Disorder
- Diagnostic Statistical Manual (DSM) criteria & symptoms explained
- Generational trauma & emotional neglect
- Diary entries
- Working with immediate distress
- Using a directive approach
- Behaviour change
Interwoven throughout this insightful training is the exceptional recovery journey of one woman who gives hope for other BPD sufferers and a complete change of perspective for anyone working with or caring for a loved one who suffers with the symptoms.
This training has successfully been delivered to Greater Manchester Police, Stockport & Manchester Mind, Stockport Mind Carers, and Pennine Care, Coffee4Craig & other organisations & charities.